Pro Wrestling Superstar - Brooklyn Brawler Build
This release adds several new features and bug fixes. Read on for more details.
Results Database Editor
PWS now features the ability to edit match results. When in the results database
click the Edit -> Edit Singles|Tag Team|Six Man Results menu item. You'll select
the results for the wrestler or team you want to edit. After clicking "Ok"
you'll be taken to the Results Database Editor. You can edit any field with the
exception of the result type (WIN, LOSS, DRAW) and the opponent. At the bottom
of the results database editor are the following buttons:
- "Save": When you're ready to save your edits, click the "Save" button to save your edits to the database.
- "Add New Result": This will allow you to add a new result to the results
database without having to run a match. After clicking the button you will be
prompted to select the opponent(s) and whether the match was a Win, Loss, or
Draw. For a Triple Threat/Fatal Four-Way you may be prompted to choose a
winner or loser based on the initial result type chosen. After clicking "Ok"
a new record will be added to the wrestler editor and be highlighted in
yellow. You can edit the fields in the new record as needed.
- "Delete Selected": If you need to delete results, select the results you
want to delete in the editor and then click the "Delete Selected" button.
- "View": Open up the match results in a new tab. One nice usage of this
feature is to view a subset of a wrestler's results. For example you're
editing match results for Ric Flair. If you want to just see the matches
Flair had against Dusty Rhodes, you would type "Dusty Rhodes" in the "Search"
box. Now you should only see the matches Flair had against Dusty. Clicking
the "View" button will open up the Flair vs. Dusty results in a new tab.
- "Refresh Results": This will reload and reorder the results in the
wrestler editor. This is useful if you've added some new results and you need
these new results displayed in their proper position (based on the match date)
in the results editor.
Merge Match Results
There may be times when you need to merge match results. Maybe you have two
versions of Andre the Giant in your results database and you want to merge all
of the results into one set of results. In the results database,
Click Edit -> Merge Singles|Tag Team|Six Man Results and the "Merge Match
Results" window will be displayed. To merge results:
- Select a set of results in the list on the left.
- Select a set of results in the list on the right. The results from the left
will be merged with the results you select on the right side.
- Click the "Merge With ->" button to merge the selected set of results on the
left with the set of results on the right.
Other Results Database Improvements
- The finish type (Pin, Submission, Countout, etc.) and the finishing move are
now displayed when viewing match results and in the results editor.
- Add a new wrestler or team to the results database without running a match by
clicking File -> Add Wrestler/Team Record. This create a new record in the
results database for the wrestler or team selected. This is useful if you
have a wrestler history that you would like to add to the results database,
possibly from the card and dice version of the game.
Filter Wrestlers in Wrestler Selection Pop-Up
The wrestler selection pop up windows now have a search box where you can
filter the wrestlers being displayed in the pop up window. The selections you've
made will be remembered while you're filtering and unfiltering wrestlers. This
feature is useful when you have a lot of wrestlers and want to avoid scrolling.
You can just type in what you're looking for instead of scrolling.
Clicking File -> Edit Preferences... in the main match interface will bring up
the Preferences window. Currently there are two preferences in the "Match" tab:
- "Match Output Delay": This preference speeds up or slows down the match
output when a match is running.
- "Wrestlers are CPU controlled by default": This preference causes a wrestler
to be CPU controlled by default when the wrestler is added to a match.
Open FAQ in Web Browser
Clicking Help -> Open FAQ... will open up the PWS FAQ in your default web
- Promotion Manager will no longer crash when champion isn't in roster.
- Fix unoptimized results database backup logic.
- PWS will no longer crash when trying to delete scorecard windows that
- "View Wrestler" dialog box is now resizable.
- Reduce the height of the title change editor to fit lower resolution displays
- PWS no longer crashes when a user clicks "Ok" and doesn't have anything
- PWS no longer crashes when a promotion's results database isn't in the
- Better message when PWS can't connect to the wrestler repository
- Improve layout for tournament configuration window
- Change "Multi Competitor" label to "Triple Threat/Fatal Four-Way" in match
Thank you for your support!